George D. Kofinas
Meet Dr. George D. Kofinas
Kofinas Fertility Group’s inspirational founder and medical director.
As the compassionate leader of Kofinas Fertility Group and a distinguished authority on fertility medicine, Dr. Kofinas has used his depth of knowledge and sharp intuition to help thousands of couples start families of their own. Dr. Kofinas has written and spoken about the full spectrum of assisted reproductive technologies, such as reproductive surgery and in vitro fertilization (IVF), and he has personally trained every doctor on his staff.
New York Location
Previously Held Positions
- Founder and Medical Director of Kofinas Fertility Group, 1987 - Current
- Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, NY, 2000-2016
- Chairman of the Brooklyn Hospital Center’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Brooklyn, NY, 1996-2000
- Director of the Brooklyn Hospital Center’s Residency Program in Brooklyn, NY, 1996-2000
- Chief of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Brooklyn Hospital Center in Brooklyn, NY, 1996 - 2000
- Assistant Professor at State University of New York (SUNY) in Brooklyn, NY
Training & Recognition
- Board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology & Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology located in Washington, D.C.
- Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at State University of New York (SUNY), Downstate Medical Center, in Brooklyn, NY
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at The Brooklyn Hospital Center in Brooklyn, NY
- Internship at New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, NY
- Doctor of Medicine from the University of Athens, College of Medicine, School of Health Science National & Kapodistrian in Athens, Greece
- Member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies, and Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- On New York Magazine's Top Doctors list for 18 years in a row
Why Kofinas Fertility?
“Patience and compassion are the two main virtues that define an excellent fertility doctor. You need to be patient with every single situation or complex problem that arises. You need to take the proper treatment steps in the correct order in order to maximize your chance of success. And through every fertility situation, with every person who comes to our practice, understanding the individual emotional and logistical challenges is the only way to offer the best possible care… which is what we give our patients at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Every single doctor you meet at our practice embodies these virtues. I am incredibly proud of each of them for not only their commitment to the advancement and administration of fertility medicine, but for their deep appreciation of each personal situation. They all truly understand the concerns of their patients, and they put their heart and soul into each and every fertility case."
“The bottom line is that fertility care is highly personal. You can’t run people through an ‘assembly line’ system and expect good outcomes, because different people require different approaches. Since founding Kofinas Fertility Group over 30 years ago, I have dedicated myself to the idea that expertise and personalized care produce fantastic results. And our sustained success upholds that idea.”