Artificial insemination – also known as Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) – is a cost-effective fertility treatment for lesbian couples wanting to have a baby. Donor Sperm Cryobanks are the typical source for lesbian couples to obtain sperm for their IUI procedure. Sperm can alternatively be obtained from a known donor. Like the sperm within a cryobank, known donor sperm must also be thoroughly screened through a strict testing protocol for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
Supportive and Affordable Artificial Insemination for Lesbian Couples
Kofinas Fertility Institute does not discriminate based on sexual orientation. Dr. George Kofinas is proud to be a successful provider of Lesbian Couples Fertility Treatment. Same sex couples who dream of having a baby can now begin planning their family through artificial insemination at Kofinas Fertility Institute.
- IUI provides a cost-effective fertility treatment for lesbian couples to have a baby – approximately $2,500 (not including the cost of the donor sperm) – IUI Cycle Costs.
- IUI is performed in the doctor’s office and requires no anesthesia.
- The patient is administered an oral medication (typically Clomid) alone or clomid in combination with a low dose of Gonadotropin(FSH/LH) injections during her cycle to stimulate egg growth, as well as one injected ovulation trigger medication (HCG) in order to induce ovulation.
- The development of the patient’s follicles are monitored throughout the woman’s egg growth stage of her cycle with blood level hormone measurements and pelvic ultrasounds.
- When the patient’s follicles reach a prime stage of maturity, the doctor will induce the release of her eggs via HCG injection administration.
- The donor sperm is prepared in a laboratory setting using special viability enhancement solutions.
- The semen specimen is washed and prepared for insertion into the woman’s uterus using an insemination catheter.
- The preparation and insertion of the sperm assures that a highly concentrated amount of mobile and active sperm are placed directly into the woman’s uterus.
- Typically, two IUI sperm inseminations are performed after the HCG ovulation release injection – between 12 and 36 hours after administration – to increase the chance of conception.
Begin your journey toward starting a family today! If you are a lesbian couple wanting to explore artificial insemination so that you can have a baby, contact Kofinas Fertility Group.