At the time of our establishment, the Kofinas Fertility Group was located in the Brooklyn Hospital Center and was the only center of its kind in Brooklyn and only one of three major fertility clinics in the metropolitan New York area.
We have been a pioneer of advanced infertility treatments with several firsts, including
- Brooklyn’s first in-vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure and birth.
- Brooklyn’s first successful gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) birth.
- Brooklyn’s first successful intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) birth.
- Brooklyn’s first assisted hatching (AH) procedure and birth.
- Establishment of the first cryopreservation (frozen embryo) program and birth from frozen embryos in Brooklyn.
- Establishment of the first egg donation program and birth from donated eggs in Brooklyn.
- Establishment of the first oocyte cryopreservation (egg freezing) program and birth from frozen eggs in Brooklyn.
In 2000, the Kofinas Fertility Group relocated to a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility on the fourth floor of the Kirkwood Pavilion at the New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, NY. Ultramodern laboratories and operating rooms – alongside spacious, warm and welcoming offices – help our patients feel at ease and comfortable during what can be a time of stress. Fertility patients also have the convenience of finding everything they may need — from patient examination rooms, to an egg retrieval surgical room, to the embryology laboratory, to an operating suite — under one roof.
Since the early years of reproductive medicine, the field has experienced continuous growth in the numbers of new patients seeking fertility tests and treatment, as well as many technological advances that make surgery and Advanced Reproductive Technology (ART) safer and more successful. During this time, the Kofinas Fertility Group has had unprecedented success. Dr. Kofinas’ superior surgical skills, unparalleled clinical expertise, and relentless pursuit of excellence have secured the reputation of Kofinas Fertility Group as one of the best fertility centers, not only in Brooklyn, but also in the United States.