The days that you are ovulating are the days that you should time sex if you are trying to get pregnant. Some women use ovulation predictor kits that are available at your local drug store. These kits alert you to the 12 to 24 hour period that your body is expected to ovulate.
Another way to track your peak ovulating times – your ovulation cycle – is to chart your basal body temperature (BBT) and monitor your cervical mucus (CM). Conception can accurately be achieved by simply keeping an ovulation calendar and using it to calculate your peak ovulating times every month.
First and foremost you must:
- Buy a basal thermometer at your local drug store,
- Print out the upcoming month’s calendar.
- Get ready to ovulate!
Day Number One
This is the day you start spotting or experience a blood flow. Take your BBT and write it on your calendar. Do the following regimen every day until your next period begins:
- Wake from sleep
- Relieve yourself by urinating
- Use your thermometer according to the instructions
- Take your temperature
- Record your temperature on your calendar
- Your normal daily BBT will be between 97° to 98.5° Fahrenheit
- When your body is ready to ovulate, your BBT will elevate between 0.1° to 0.4° Fahrenheit
- When your BBT increases – you are about to ovulate within the next 12 to 24 hours – this is now the optimum time period to have sex and conceive
Take Note of Your Cervical Mucus (CM) Discharge
Your vaginal discharge will vary throughout your menstrual cycle:
- Blood flow
- Uterine lining discharge
- White CM just prior to ovulation
Note your CM every day on your BBT calendar when you urinate and be on the alert for white CM.
Expertise with How to Really Calculate OvulatingTimes
Changes in the appearance of your CM to a white creamy discharge at the same time your BBT rises will help you predict your peak ovulating times.
Kofinas Fertility Institute specializes in guiding you through your peak ovulating times.
To receive the answers to the questions you have on how to really calculate peak ovulating times, please contact Kofinas Fertility Group.