Providing you with an effective, honest approach to fertility care.
Unlike some clinics, we don’t engage in practices to inflate our success rates here at the Kofinas Fertility Group, and we will have an open discussion with you about every detail of your care. If we believe that you can have a biological child, even if it takes multiple cycles, we will generally approve you for in vitro fertilization (IVF).
We would never tell a couple that they don’t qualify simply because it may be a challenge. Our willingness to take on difficult cases is why thousands of couples, both inside and outside New York, have chosen us for their fertility care.
Understanding your options for in vitro fertilization.
When discussing “success rates” in the world of fertility care, people are often talking about IVF success rates. It’s important to keep in mind that most couples struggling with fertility problems are able to sustain a viable pregnancy without IVF. However, when choosing a fertility clinic, it’s important to understand the lack of clarity that surrounds IVF success rates.
Confusion often stems from the fact that a number of factors besides physician skill and technological capability can affect the reported success rate of a fertility practice, such as:
- Number of embryos transferred – More transferred embryos leads to higher success rates, but also a higher risk of multiple babies.
- Candidate selection policies – Some clinics only offer IVF to patients who have the best chance of conceiving.
- Case classification – If a couple’s fertility situation is considered a medical challenge, some clinics will classify them as a research subject, excluding them from the clinic’s reported live birth rate.
- Donor eggs – Another way of excluding challenging situations from a clinic’s live birth rate is to switch them to donor egg programs before attempting IVF with the person’s own eggs.
- Discouraging embryo cryopreservation – Because frozen embryos typically have lower success rates than fresh embryos, discouraging embryo cryopreservation can boost a practice’s live birth rate.
Hear from real people who found success at Kofinas Fertility Group…
“When I came to Kofinas Fertility Group for a second opinion, I was devastated and stressed that I would never have a baby of my own. Today, I’m sitting with two beautiful children… I am so thankful I made that appointment. You have made my dreams come true and I am forever grateful.” – Nicole O., patient
“Words cannot adequately express the gratitude that we feel for everything that you did to take care of us!” – Howie & Henia K., patients
“I must say that my entire time with Kofinas Fertility Group has been nothing but a wonderful experience.” – India L., patient
“The doctors at Kofinas Fertility Group are miracle workers and there are no words to describe what they mean to us.” – Donna, G., patient
“Words cannot express our gratitude for all Kofinas Fertility Group has done for us. Our son is the most amazing thing we have ever laid eyes on and they it made it all possible. They never gave up on us and for that, we will forever be grateful.” – Dean & Rachel Y., patients
For more information about our success, or to schedule an appointment, call 718-340-3611. You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form. Please read more reviews about our practice here.