If you and your partner are trying to conceive, you’ve probably gotten the lecture. Maybe you’re looking at fertility treatments or you’re currently working with a specialist. Whether it’s a medical professional, friends, or family, someone somewhere is giving you a list of things not to do.
While we can get behind things like quitting smoking and drinking, we prefer to be positive around these parts. Instead of a list of things not to do, keep reading for 5 habits that will boost your fertility.
- If you’re trying to conceive, stress is one of your biggest obstacles. We know relaxation is easier said than done sometimes, but try to have a plan of attack for those high-stress moments. Breathing exercises, mantras, meditation, whatever works for you, as long as you keep it short and simple.
- For 1 in 8 couples, fertility can involve unexpected expenses. Come up with a sensible financial plan that works for you. Try cutting back, so perhaps you have the $6 latte once weekly instead of daily.
- Since you’re trying to start a family, you clearly have goals. A great way to set and achieve those goals is to start a journal. Take time to record and visualize what you want.
- Take a little time to organize and prepare your health care insurance. While it may be a bit dull, it’s the kind of chore that you’ll be happy to have finished.
- Be sure to treat yourself. If all week you’ve been on top of exercise and good eating habits, a spa visit or time binge watching your favorite show is a great reward.