Kofinas Fertility Group offers cryopreservation so you can conceive at the right moment.
Cryopreservation (freezing eggs or embryos) is an advanced tool that the specialists at Kofinas Fertility Group in New York use to help couples and individuals experience the joy of having a child and building a family.
Cryopreservation works by bathing your harvested eggs or embryos in a solution that prevents ice crystals from damaging the cells. We then place them in plastic vials and freeze them in liquid nitrogen. Frozen samples can be stored for weeks, months or even years, and then transferred into your uterus or that of a surrogate mother.
Candidates for frozen embryo transfer (FET) are:
- Couples who end up with excess embryos after IVF that they would like to use at a later time. Fresh IVF cycles are more costly, require more medical care and are generally less convenient than using frozen embryos from your first cycle.
- Individuals who must undergo treatment for cancer. Certain cancer therapies can damage your ability to produce healthy eggs or sperm, and we can preserve your healthy embryos until you’re ready to start or expand your family.
- Couples with fertility problems or single women who need to access donor embryos in order to become pregnant.
Reasons for egg freezing (oocyte cryopreservation) include:
- Preparing for cancer treatment that can damage eggs or harm ovarian function.
- Postponing childbirth until the woman is in a better position to start a family.
Because egg quality peaks between 16 and 28 years of age, many women choose to freeze their eggs in order to give them the ideal chance for a successful pregnancy and a healthy child when they are ready to start a family.
Why New Yorkers choose Kofinas Fertility Group for their cryopreservation.
We have used cryopreservation to provide thousands of couples and single people the flexibility that is sometimes required for an optimal pregnancy. It was here at Kofinas Fertility Group that Brooklyn had its first birth from a frozen embryo, and ever since then we have shown outstanding success with this and many other procedures. With our vast experience, you can trust our specialists to give you compassionate care throughout your fertility treatment experience, and to ensure the viability of your eggs and embryos when you are ready for them.
For more information about our cryopreservation practices, or to schedule an appointment, call 718-340-3611. You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form.