Give yourself a great opportunity to start your family.
While most couples believe that you can’t put a price on a loving child, in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be a strain on your finances and is not a guaranteed procedure. Completing a series of expensive IVF cycles and still not getting pregnant is a worst-case scenario for many couples. Here at Kofinas Fertility Group in New York, we make your baby our priority, and we are highly sensitive to the risks involved, which is why we offer a 100% refund program.
For couples who medically qualify, we offer up to three fresh IVF or fresh donor-egg cycles — and as many frozen embryo transfer cycles as needed until you have achieved a viable 14-week pregnancy — for a fixed discounted fee.
What is the Insured Success IVF 100% Refund Guarantee Program?
Our Insured Success Program is an alternative to traditional fee-for-service payment for IVF. Many couples do not have insurance coverage that pays for IVF. As a result, the financial implications can be overwhelming should you require more than one cycle. Couples who choose this option and conceive in their first treatment cycle will end up paying higher costs than in the fee-for-service payment option, but couples who require more than one fresh IVF cycle to conceive will save considerable money.
It is important to understand that the Kofinas Fertility Group is not guaranteeing the success of the treatment. Instead, we are offering this program as a way to limit the financial risk for couples for whom a viable 14-week pregnancy is not achieved. This program, therefore, reduces the amount of money you have “at risk” for up to three cycles and fixes the cost of treatment.
How does the program work?
If you don’t achieve a viable 14-week pregnancy or complete all available frozen embryo transfer treatment cycles, we will give you back 100% of the program fee. It’s up to you if you want to pursue other options such as egg donation (if you did not succeed with your own eggs), embryo donation, or adoption at that point.
We include many common costs, including the egg retrieval and embryo transfer procedures, as well as laboratory procedures such as an intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), cryopreservation (freezing) and thawing of embryos.
By us sharing the risk with you that the treatments won’t work, this program reduces the amount of money you have at stake for the treatment cycles and fixes your costs. Sharing the risk demonstrates that we are proud of our IVF pregnancy success rates and have confidence in our diagnosis and treatment services.
Do I qualify for the program?
We will screen couples for the program in exactly the same way that we diagnose couples who have infertility and/or recurrent miscarriage, including testing for diminished ovarian reserve, checking the female for anatomical problems and checking the male for sperm factors. Couples who complete the recommended evaluation and who are good candidates for IVF may be considered for the program, with final eligibility determined by our physician panel.
Candidates for the program are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Women’s age – All IVF cycles must be completed prior to the woman’s 38th birthday if she is using her own eggs.
- Day 3 hormone tests – FSH less than 10 mIU/ml and estradiol less than 40 pg/ml.
- Donor egg must be used if the woman is over 37 or if there is abnormal ovarian reserve.
- Adequate sperm count or the ability to have adequate sperm, even if ICSI or sperm retrieval is necessary. Donor sperm may also be used.
- Normal uterine cavity
- No evidence of hydrosalpinges
- Normal body mass index (BMI)
- Nonsmoker and no illicit substance use
- Medical clearance for chronic illness(s)
- Willing to cryopreserve embryos
- Normal follicular count
- Normal AMH levels
- Normal Clomiphene Challenge Test (CCT)
- Cannot have begun more than two IVF cycles prior to enrollment in the program
Acceptance into this program is at the sole and subjective discretion of the Kofinas Fertility Group. Please remember that making a determination about your participation in this financial program is not a clinical determination of your chances of success with IVF. All pre-cycle testing must have been completed no earlier than six months prior to enrollment.
IVF services included in the Insured Success 100% Refund Program fee.
All of the laboratory services at Kofinas Fertility Group that comprise up to three complete IVF cycles are included, with up to three fresh and unlimited Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) cycles available until you achieve a viable 14-week pregnancy or all cryopreserved embryos have been used, from the start of medications to the first blood pregnancy test. This includes:
- Oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer procedures
- IVF facility fees for oocyte retrievals and embryo transfers
- IVF laboratory services included
- Embryo culture
- ICSI, if appropriate
- Blastocyst culture, if appropriate
- Assisted hatching, if appropriate
- Embryo cryopreservation
- 6 months embryo storage
- One B-hcg (pregnancy test) and one pregnancy ultrasound
Services NOT included in the Insured Success Program.
- IVF pre-cycle screening tests and office visits
- Medications and their administration (injections)
- IVF and FET cycle monitoring expenses
- All non-IVF surgical procedures such as laparoscopy, myomectomy, surgical procedures on fallopian tubes and ovaries hysteroscopy, D&C, etc. (these procedures are usually gynecologic or obstetric in nature, and are covered by existing health insurance)
- Costs of obtaining donor sperm, or costs for the surgical sperm retrieval when necessary
- Anesthesia fees for egg retrieval or embryo transfer
- Ultrasound monitoring of early pregnancy
- Any medical services provided for obstetrical care, or for complications related to the IVF process, such as treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, or other pregnancy complications
- Storage of cryopreserved embryos that may still remain after a viable 14-week pregnancy is achieved
- Future embryo transfers after a pregnancy is delivered (after a viable pregnancy is achieved)
Withdrawal from the Program.
The patient is under no obligation to complete all three IVF treatment cycles. Patients can choose to withdraw from the program at any time, for any reason. In that situation, after you have used all your frozen embryos in conception attempts, we will refund the program fee minus the cost of the number of fresh IVF treatment cycles performed at the time of your withdraw – according to fee for service. Any unused balance remaining at the time of cancellation will be refunded. No balance will be due, however, if the fee for service equivalent amount for services already received is greater than that already paid into the contract.
Just as a patient has the right to withdraw from the Insured Success Program, the Kofinas Fertility Group reserves the right to withdraw a patient couple from the program. In that situation, the patient will receive the full 100% refund, and there will be no charge for services already received by the patient.
Advantages of the Insured IVF Success Program.
- Costs are set at the time the contract is purchased for the duration of the payment contract
- Limits the amount of money at risk should IVF ultimately fail to produce a viable 14-week pregnancy
- Retains some of your financial resources for other family-building alternatives (such as adoption)
- Cancellation option is offered in this Program
Disadvantages of the Insured IVF Success Program.
- Patients who succeed after their first treatment cycle or first frozen embryo cycle will have paid more than the standard fee for service.
- Certain costs still must be paid (see “Services NOT Included” section above) for each fresh or frozen treatment cycle, such as the cost of the fertility medications.
- Requires a personal commitment and determination to complete all of the fresh and frozen IVF treatments within the 12-month contract period.
- Some women will not produce an adequate number of quality fresh embryos for both a fresh IVF cycle and a cryopreservation (frozen embryo) IVF cycle. Therefore, they will not have as many opportunities to conceive under the plan. The refund is still given if three fresh cycles fail to produce a viable 14-week pregnancy.
For more information about our Insured IVF Success Program, or to schedule an appointment, call 718-340-3611. You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form.