If you are searching for the most reliable egg donor center for either donating eggs or to become pregnant, you are hereby invited to explore your options at the premiere fertility center – Kofinas Fertility Institute. As the preeminent egg donor program in New York City, Kofinas Fertility Institute is renowned for providing optimal services to both egg donors and intended parents.
First in importance is Kofinas’ unblemished compliance with all FDA regulations and standards pursuant to the guidelines governing egg donor programs by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Kofinas Fertility Institute is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and has followed all HIPAA policies and procedures regulating its egg donor program since HIPAA’s enactment by Congress in 1996.
Kofinas Fertility Institute is the foremost pioneer of sophisticated fertility treatment, being the first in Advance Reproductive Technology (ART), in the following procedures:
- NYC’s first establishment of cryopreservation (frozen embryo) program
- NYC’s first accomplished birth from frozen embryos
- NYC’s first establishment of an egg (oocyte) donation program
- NYC’s first accomplished birth from donated eggs
- NYC’s first establishment of oocyte egg cryopreservation (egg freezing) program
- NYC’s first accomplished birth from frozen eggs
Primary Reasons to Seek a Reliable Egg Donation Center to Become Pregnant
The most common reason that single women and couples seek an egg donation program to achieve pregnancy is because of poor egg quality caused primarily by advanced age – a woman’s egg value decreases appreciatively after the age of 35 – significantly post-39 years of age. Other ordinary reasons that egg donation programs are used to achieve pregnancy are:
- Poor quality eggs or irregular egg production
- No ovaries with an intact uterus
- Premature ovarian failure
- Prevention of a genetic condition from being passed on to the child
- Chemotherapy history
- Genetic disease history
- Multiple IVF failures
The egg donations available to infertile individuals and couples through Kofinas Fertility Institute have been surgically retrieved from healthy young women between 21 to 30 years of age who are in their reproductive prime – all having granted their informed consent. These egg donors undergo extensive psychological, medical, and genetic screening which is inclusive of a thorough medical history and evaluation.
Egg Donation Process – Removal and Transfer
After being accepted as an egg donor by Kofinas Fertility Institute, the egg donor program facilitates the transfer of the donor’s eggs to the intended parent as follows:
- The egg donor undergoes hormone injection treatments to stimulate her ovulation in order to produce five or more eggs – normally, a woman naturally releases one egg per month.
- When the donor’s eggs have developed into a prime state for fertilization, a doctor then surgically removes them from the donor’s ovaries.
- After the eggs have been removed from the donor, they are expertly fertilized within a state of the art laboratory using the intended parent’s sperm or other selected donated sperm.
- The fertilized eggs then become embryos and are closely monitored until they have developed into an optimum growth stage – giving the embryos the most successful opportunity to attach to the intended mother’s uterine lining – for insertion into the recipient’s cervix.
- When the embryos have developed into an optimum state, a doctor will insert the embryos into the intended mother’s uterus and, hopefully, an embryo will successfully attach to the uterine lining and develop into a healthy baby.
Preeminent Egg Donation Program Pioneer
Kofinas Fertility Institute is dedicated to providing compassionate care and state of the art fertility treatment services to those women seeking to become pregnant through an optimum oocyte donation fertility treatment program, as well as young women desirous of becoming egg donors.
Dr. George Kofinas is the founder and medical director of the Kofinas Fertility Institute, and Chief of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Kofinas is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. As a diplomat of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Kofinas is an active member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the Society of Assisted Reproductive Endocrinology (SART), and the Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (SREI).
To receive the answers to the questions you have about the how to choose a reliable egg donor center, please contact Kofinas Fertility Institute.