Kofinas Fertility Group’s advanced in vitro fertilization therapy can help you conceive.
At Kofinas Fertility Group in New York, Dr. George Kofinas built his practice around exceptional and compassionate fertility treatment for every patient. He and his team are dedicated to your dreams of conceiving a child, and they’re highly skilled in the most leading-edge fertility treatments, including in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Helping couples conceive with expert IVF.
In vitro fertilization is an advanced fertility treatment that successfully helps couples to conceive healthy babies. With over 70 years of experience, the Kofinas Fertility Group specialists can treat a variety fertility issues with treatments like in vitro fertilization. The IVF procedure significantly increases the chances of the embryo(s) attaching to the woman’s uterine lining and developing naturally into a fetus.
For IVF, trust the Kofinas Fertility Group fertility specialists.
IVF is the most advanced and effective of the assistive reproductive technology (ART) fertility procedures. It is performed by retrieving mature eggs from the ovaries and fertilizing those eggs in the lab with sperm to create an embryo. Once the embryo is sufficiently developed, it is implanted into the uterus, where it naturally develops into a fetus. One IVF cycle takes about two weeks.
Are you a candidate for IVF?
It’s important to remember that IVF is an option that’s only considered once other fertility inhibitors are resolved –– and pregnancy has yet to be achieved. Dr. Kofinas and his team are dedicated to treating your unique issues first to optimize your chance of conceiving with IVF. Here are some of most common fertility issues that we evaluate and treat:
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage
- Ovulation disorders
- Uterine fibroids
- Previous tubal sterilization or removal
- Impaired sperm production or function
What you can expect during IVF.
There are a few steps to performing a successful IVF procedure. The main steps include:
- Ovulation induction – Using fertility medication to stimulate multiple egg follicles to develop within the ovaries
- Egg retrieval – Extracting mature eggs after one to two weeks of ovarian stimulation
- Sperm retrieval – A semen sample is obtained and prepared to combine with the eggs
- Fertilization – Fertilizing the eggs with sperm in a laboratory setting
- Embryo monitoring – Monitoring the daily growth of the resulting embryos and determining when they are at the optimum stage of development for transfer to the uterus
- Embryo transfer – Transferring one or more quality embryos to the uterus through a small, thin insemination catheter
A leader in providing the most advanced fertility care and offering the full range of treatments, Kofinas Fertility Group offers monitoring and support throughout your entire IVF process to ensure a seamless experience and the best chance for successful conception.
If you are struggling to conceive and would like more information about IVF and other fertility treatments, or to schedule an appointment, call 718-340-3611. You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form.