Kofinas Fertility Group is seeking a full-time Biologist to join our leading-edge Laboratory team!
Kofinas Fertility Group is a high-end fertility clinic that provides comprehensive fertility services and treatments to men and women. For 30 years, we have been dedicated to helping our patients build families using state-of-the-art services and advanced technology.
Kofinas Fertility Group has been a pioneer of advanced fertility treatments with several firsts including:
- Brooklyn’s FIRST In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedure and birth
- Brooklyn’s FIRST successful Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) birth
- Establishment of the FIRST egg donation program and birth from donated eggs in Brooklyn
- Establishment of the FIRST oocyte cryopreservation (egg freezing) program and birth from frozen eggs in Brooklyn
The Reproductive Biologist position will be located in our headquarters in Brooklyn, NY full time and requires a BS in Biology or related science. Requirements also include previous laboratory experience of 1-2 years. While it’s not necessary for you to have a fertility background, any experience in a scientific laboratory that is comparable will be considered.
Under the supervision of our Laboratory Director, the Biologist will be working in close quarters with the laboratory team and must build and maintain effective working relationships to ensure accuracy and efficiency in all responsibilities. We are seeking a meticulous Biologist with excellent tactile ability to maintain the highest standard of operation at our practice.
Biologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains demonstrated proficiency with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures with In vitro fertilization (IVF) and assisted reproductive technology (ART) processes
- IVF and ART procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Collection and identification of oocytes
- Processing insemination and fertilization
- Identification of embryo evolution
- Cryopreservation of gametes and embryos
- Performs embryos transfers from fresh or frozen cycles
- Perform embryos biopsy and identification of genetically normal embryos for implantation
- Conducts and accurately records all required quality control checks of equipment and supplies; takes corrective action as needed
- Assists with laboratory supply orders, maintenance, and inventory
- Maintains exceptional time-management skills and strives for process efficiency
- Knowledge of Biology and laboratory terms is a must
- Ensures that proper administrative documentation and databases stay up to date and compliant
Resumes and cover letter should be sent directly to email@example.com.